How to Reinvent your IT for the New Year
Updated: Apr 9
It’s the New Year and it’s time to upgrade your IT! Managed Services, the outsourcing of your day-to-day IT management, is a cost effective method to improve business operations. Desktop and Network technical support are supervised by a third-party provider instead of an on-site staff, saving your business money and providing your IT Managers the time to focus on the bigger picture technology goals.
Who needs Managed Services?
There are several types of businesses that are a good fit for Managed Services Solutions.
Businesses that rely on a computer network, email and internet access to support daily projects
Businesses that don’t have sufficient staffing or time to handle network maintenance, updates, and support
Businesses that want to pay one monthly fee to maintain their digital environment
In small/medium businesses, IT resources are limited and can be quickly overwhelmed. An outage will negatively affect your business in losses of revenue and reputation. Managed Technology Solutions providers help to eliminate IT lapses and improve business efficiency.
The Benefits of Managed Services
1. Managed Services provide proactive solutions to network issues resulting in increased efficiency and zero downtime. Automatic reporting allows repairs to begin immediately instead of operating under the traditional break-fix method which only locates a problem after something has already malfunctioned. In this way, you have a more thorough understand of your IT infrastructure and can use that knowledge to propel your business forward by staying several steps ahead.
2. A Managed Services Solution gives your company 24/7/365 access to professional IT staff. These qualified engineers have been highly trained and certified in new technologies to tailor systems to fit your business needs. This eliminates the labor and training costs for a full-time on-site IT staff and guarantees a higher service level.
3. Managed Services is a professional solution that is highly resilient and governed in accordance with compliance regulations. This provides peace of mind that your business is minimizing the risks associated with maintaining client data, credit cards, and sensitive competitive info. Your information is guarded in a secure environment and under 24/7/365 management with up-to-date firewalls, anti-virus systems, and backup in an off-site data center.
4. A Managed Services Solution includes 24/7/365 technical support. This dedicated help desk provides faster response times and constant monitoring to ensure that your network is operating at its maximum performance level. Off-site troubleshooting and repair from a single point of contact saves your business time and money.
5. Managed Services is a solution that allows you to stay focused on your core business while complex IT decisions are handled by professionals. All of the system data is captured and recorded and can be used as a capacity planning tool to analyze performance trends and network bandwidth use. This information can be used to insight needed changes and improve areas of your business that might otherwise be overlooked.
Enlisting the aid of a Managed Technology Solutions provider does not require you to surrender complete control of your IT assets. It is simply a tool to choose which elements of your infrastructure that you would like to be taken care of externally vs what to handle in the business. Start off 2016 by giving your business the opportunity to focus on what you do and let the IT experts handle the rest.