New Team Member – Lucas Gerard – Account Executive
I’d like to introduce the newest member of the Iserv family, Lucas Gerard! Lucas was born in Boston, MA and stayed on the east coast (Massachusetts and Maryland) until he was 12. After moving to West MI for his father’s job, Lucas attended Grand Valley State and majored in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. He was captain of the GV Lacrosse Team and continues to play with an adult league in his spare time. Lucas graduated this past spring and completed an internship with Varsity News Network before finding his place at Iserv.
Lucas heard about Iserv from our new VP of Sales Tom Coke. He and Tom used to work together and Tom thought his hard work ethic and friendly personality would be a perfect fit for us. Lucas was hesitant at first because he didn’t know that much about technology, but once he learned about how the Cloud works and our Switch partnership he was excited to be on board.
Q & A
1. How did your childhood prepare you for your job today? “My dad was a sales guy. He worked from home, so I got to see how it works. I remember a specific time that dad almost lost a deal because the client said that he wasn’t communicating with them. My dad insisted that he was and found the miscommunication, but was almost in tears because his relationship with clients was so important to him. From that, I learned the importance of relationship building and serving the customer.”
2. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why? “The Dominican Republic. I went on mission trips there in 2012 and 2013. I haven’t really traveled anywhere else, but I’d like to go to Norway to see a fjord. They are beautiful and my grandpa visited one and told me it was his favorite place.”
3. Who’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to? “Van Morrison. I’m a big oldies and classic rock fan. Into the Mystic is the best song.”
4. If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be? Why? “Probably my grandpa. He died when I was 10, and I feel like he still had so many life lessons to teach, but being 10 years old, I didn’t really know how to appreciate that yet.”
5. Lightning round:
Favorite food? Maryland blue crab
Favorite color? blue
Nickname? El Cheese
Favorite movie? Lord of the Rings
Siblings? 3 older sisters
6. What are you most looking forward to in the next 5 years? “Saving money and traveling, seeing parts of the world I’ve never seen, and learning about things that I never would if I stayed put.”