Tech Innovations for the Waste Management/Recycling Industry
According to the EPA, Americans produce approx. 292 million tons of trash per year, or 4.9 pounds per person per day. The good news is that this industry is working hard to revamp its waste processing and disposal systems by implementing cutting-edge technologies. Together waste management and recycling companies and their IT partners can counteract the negative effects of landfill waste on our environment. Let’s take a closer look at the digital tools.
1. Route Optimization - Advanced software lets you map out routes to efficiently guide trucks and control robotic arm pickups. Some companies are even using virtual machines so their drivers can check in on the road. If every driver has a tablet, they can follow automatic routes, add info to customer accounts, and marks stops as completed.
2. Landfill Modernization – Disposal sites are highly regulated, so it’s important to monitor your site and use the data to remain compliant with health and safety codes. Analyzing this data can also lead to finding opportunities to become more energy-efficient and eco-friendly.
3. Customer Communication – Updates to end-user technology are a big deal. A platform like Azure helps you manage your apps and customer support via a centralized dashboard. Set up push notifications for payments and provide features like online billing, extra/bulk pickup scheduling, and FAQs.
1. SMART Sorting – Manual sorting is time and labor-intensive, making recycling difficult to prioritize. Public pressure for more sustainable practices is leading companies to invest in applications like machine vision and optical sorting. These technologies can quickly identify and sort recyclable/contaminated items, so you can report accurate statistics to the community.
2. Environmental Sensors – With these all-in-one sensors, your team can simultaneously monitor air quality, temperature, humidity, motion, and noise. And the system is cloud-based so you can receive alerts from any device, anywhere. Powerful analytics drive efficiency and this data can be transformed into cost savings.
It’s time to dramatically change waste management and recycling. Let Iserv help you implement and manage these technology solutions so you can focus on innovation.
Call today to get started: 888.644.7378
Or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org